How to practice sustainable agriculture
in college and still have time to study.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Carrot Ginger Soup with Walnuts



Carrot Ginger Soup with Walnuts (Vegan)





I spent about 2 weeks on vacation, and while vacationing, I indulged in unhealthy vegan foods. So, when I got back to my house, all that I was craving was spinach and carrots. No joke! But because I bored after 3 spinach meals, I looked up other detoxing combinations. According to Detoxinista, carrots and ginger have a detoxifying quality because carrots are loaded with Vitamin C and ginger is primarily known for being a digestive aid. So, the Carrot Ginger Soup with Walnuts is not only delicious, it’s healthy and good to sooth an aching stomach.


Ingredients:
  • 1 pound carrots, sliced
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • ½ teaspoon dried ginger
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 teaspoons olive oil
  • 1 ½ cups water
  • ½ cup of unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
Directions:


1) Sauté the carrots, onion, garlic, and ginger in the oil for about 8 minutes in a soup pot.


2) Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer and cook for another 15 minutes. Let cool.


3) Puree the mixture in a blender and then place back into the pot. Add the almond milk.



4) Garnish with the walnuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am always open to suggestions and feedback! Thanks! :)